Photoset

paulamaf2013:

hayakata:

kropotkindersurprise:

Two ways of dealing with tear gas grenades from comrades in Turkey: Either submerge them in water. Make sure you can close off the container cause the gas will still spread for a while. Or throw them in the fire so the gas burns off before it can spread.

Wow.

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOST

(via captain-amerihurr)

Text

socialworkgradstudents:

to the person who just messaged me about how to volunteer to provide mental health phone support to ferguson, I’m not sure if Tumblr ate my message or not. Message again if they did.

Also, anybody else who’s interested, message me

And I would also suggest each of you contacting your local chapter of the NASW (I already hit up MN, but go ahead and hit them up again). In the 1% chance that they’ll actually walk the social work walk instead of the 99% chance they’ll ignore it.

social-work-grad said: Hey that was me, i didn’t get a response but is that how you signed up? through NASW?

lolllllll no like the NASW does social justice. I just wanted to give them a chance to put the word out and/or reify for myself that they don’t actually social work

FeministaJones, who organized the NMOS (who I did not know was also a social worker) is organizing this. I’ll send you the info again.

Text

to the person who just messaged me about how to volunteer to provide mental health phone support to ferguson, I’m not sure if Tumblr ate my message or not. Message again if they did.

Also, anybody else who’s interested, message me

And I would also suggest each of you contacting your local chapter of the NASW (I already hit up MN, but go ahead and hit them up again). In the 1% chance that they’ll actually walk the social work walk instead of the 99% chance they’ll ignore it.

Text

just signed up to be a volunteer mental health professional to provide phone support to people who need it in Ferguson

Text

blastortoise:

When MLK said “I they will not be judged by the color of their skin, but by the content of their character" he was saying that ‘I hope one day that i can walk down the street without being stereotyped and killed’

Why would he be talking about white people.

In what world would be trying to fight for “white rights” or for white people to be treated ‘equally’ when they already had a majority of the power, what fucking sense does that make.

(via skoomapipe)

Text

blastortoise:

white people: mike brown robbed that store!

Lawyer: no he didn’t

Store owners: nope

Eye witnesses: nah

white people:

white people: MIKE BROWN ROBBED THAT STORE

(via captain-amerihurr)

Photo
Photoset

threelawscompliant:

mjolnirismypenis:

imnothavinit:

Notice something in common in these photos?

It’s not what you think

I gave it away in the third pic

That’s right! None of these cops are wearing badges or name tags! I wonder why… seems like it’d be important to wear those, since it’s even illegal not to in other states…

This is actually illegal in all states. A police officer must be marked as such with name and badge at all times unless their jurisdiction states otherwise (such as an undercover officer), and even when not wearing a badge, the officer must have the badge accessible at all times and must show the badge in order to make an arrest. Name tags are not required as long as a badge is available because the badge has the officer number on it.

Police officers break the law. Water is wet.

(via hbicprettyprincess)

Photoset
Text

BREAKING: Police have strategically blocked any opportunities to see what’s happening. #Ferguson

thepoliticalfreakshow:

  • The younger crowd is pleading for the media to stay: “Show the world what they’re about to do to us!”
  • Just told to go into our cars. An on-scene reporter was told to get into his car, and media were told to get into their cars. It’s about to reach a boiling point in Ferguson.
  • Protesters are asking the media to stand with them and not return to the media area

(via blackmagicalgirlmisandry)

Photoset

loriadorable:

socialjusticekoolaid:

Love “Da Man Wit the Chips” but Jameila White is the new “Protest MVP.” #staywoke #trill 

Damn.

[Screencaps of tweets. In order: “Jameila White walked a mile to #Ferguson to hand out free water and milk to relieve burning from tear gas.”—@EliottCNN. “This woman has been out here all night giving free water to protesters and media in #Ferguson”—@TimBEastman. “Woman pepper sprayed, helped by others in #Ferguson #MikeBrown”—@KodaCohen. “Balm after mace. #ferguson”— @rorycarroll72. All tweets are accompanied by images of the same Black woman. In three of them, she’s helping in others; in one, she appears to be the one being helped after being pepper sprayed.]

Photoset

manfeels-park:

NEUROTRANSMITTERS

http://www.manfeels-park.com/comic/neurotransmitters/

Source, submitted by John, for which thanks.

In other news, Manfeels Park now has an ‘Oddments‘ section, presently containing The Manfeels Park Bingo Card, and a Bitchy Fact-sheet.

Photoset

aeon-fux:

postracialcomments:

Update, 4:30 p.m.: The ACLU, responding to BuzzFeed's Chris Geidner on Twitter, says that the officer involved in the incident described above has been removed from duty following a public ACLU complaint.

Source

But………..

this is great and all but lets observe the fact that the moment a WHITE journalist is threatened, action is taken…while Michael Brown’s murderer still walks freely and the police officers threatening the lives of black people/hitting them with tear gas and rubber bullets are still on the clock 

(via blackmagicalgirlmisandry)

Photoset

aka14kgold:

iwriteaboutfeminism:

Some updates on Tuesday afternoon’s shooting of a young black man in North St. Louis by police.

Keep in mind, the knife he was holding was a butter knife, according to eye witnesses. 

EACH officer fired six rounds. 

Also, a knife is lethal at 21 ft. if you’re, like, a professional knife thrower. This is the biggest load of bullshit.

(via blackmagicalgirlmisandry)

Text

Got really work-busy and sorta burned out for a while, and been engrossed in Twitter for the duration of Ferguson. Will be back eventually.